How do you make a video go viral, and why does viral video marketing depend so much on your content, and do you really know the advantages of video marketing?
You may not realize it, but did you know these facts?
- YouTube is a search engine.
- Not only is it a search engine, but it’s also the second-largest search engine, ousted out of the number 1 spot only by its parent company, Google.
- In a single month, more than 180 million people watch online videos and that’s just in the US alone. That’s a huge potential audience.
Don’t make the mistake of thinking that video marketing is too difficult or too expensive.
There are many tools available now so that the average person can create, edit, and publish their videos online with very little cost and time.
There’s no excuse not to use video marketing to promote yourself, your website, and your product or service.
The thought of making videos might seem hard – but the reality is video is one of the simplest, easiest and quickest ways to make a massive impact on your business.
For the investment of a few hundred dollars spent one time, in combination with using all the free tools that are available online, you can get & use all the tools you need to create, publish & host videos online.
Viral videos, by their nature, cause you to rank high in the search engines. The question is what causes a video to go viral?
Here is a recipe for success:
- Create a short and to the point video of up to ideally 1 or 2 minutes in length
- Make your video entertaining to watch and keep it simple
- At the start of your video identify a significant problem in your market niche that you are going provide a solution for
- Pass your viewers useful, valuable & compelling information that can benefit them and solve their problem quickly and/or easily
- Choose a catchy title with targeted key words – the type of keywords that capture the attention of your niche market and that offer a solution to a problem
- Create a organized assault with link bait so that you rank on the ï¬ rst page of Google within 24 hours of posting your video
- Ensure that your YouTube channel is branded professionally & contains a link back to your primary website
- Upload & post your new video to YouTube and other social video sharing sites
- Post your video on blog sites & other social status sites like Facebook, Twitter & Google Plus
- Insert a clear call to action that asks people to like, plus 1, and share your video with others
- Email a link to your YouTube video to your email list asking them to like and share your video with others
- Create an online press release with a link to your YouTube video
- Make a list of as many people you know with large email lists & contact them to ask that they like and share your video with their lists. Also ask them to blog about your video on their blogs
- Offer link bait on your blog. For example: an ethical bribe that offers more knowledge, or a free gift, or an opportunity to win something of value in order to get them to link back to your site and share your video
If Google sees a big number of folks linking to a video over the course of a day or so, they will consider that a high form of engagement and the result will potentially be to elevate your video in the search engine rankings for the primary keywords you tagged your video with
Let’s take a look at some other major benefits of video marketing:
1. Video Gets Your Message Across Better Than Anything Else!
Attention spans have gotten considerably shorter in a world where people are used to getting what they want instantly.
If you’ve got a landing page, sales page, or blog post that has more than two paragraphs, people become less likely to read it because it involves a lot of work.
There are effective ways that you can make your body copy easier to read for these impatient viewers (and using things like bullets, numbered lists and graphics help), but the better solution is to create a video.
You can use your article or your page copy as your script so that it doesn’t even require any extra writing.
2. Video Helps To Establish You As An Expert!
That’s important because people will buy from you faster and more often when you come across as the authority in your niche.
You want to make your videos as valuable and as informative as possible.
That is because this will establish you and your company as experts in your field.
By becoming a leader in your industry, you become the person that people will go to for answers to their questions.
3. Video Educates People Better Than Any Other Medium!
Obviously when you can show and tell (using the senses of sight and sound), you are more able to educate prospective customer on the benefits of what you have to offer.
There are many good things that come along with educating your customers.
By giving them the resources and knowledge they need, they can come to a better, informed decision about whether or not your product or service is the right one for them.
And generally, if you’ve put together good videos, they will decide that your product or service is the one that they want without you even having to tell them to buy it.
People hate being sold on things.
They hate advertisements and commercials and they hate hype.
By making educational videos, you skip all of these pitfalls that could otherwise cause your viewers to ignore you altogether.
4. Video Creates Trust More Effectively Than Other Types Of Marketing!
Whether or not your potential customers trust you will make a huge difference to whether they’ll buy from you.
Videos go a long way towards establishing trust and the goal here is to have a real person appear in your videos, either you or someone who represents your business, such as an employee or teammate.
You want a face and a voice that your customers can associate with.
They don’t want to buy from a company, they want to buy from a person that they can build a relationship with.
Every time someone watches your video, it counts as building an emotional connection.
5. Video Gives You Enormous Reach Potential!
As mentioned earlier, there are 180 million people in the US watching online videos this month & every month – and that number is steadily growing.
By making use of sites like YouTube & a host of other video sites you can hugely extend the reach of your message.
Videos are also incredibly easy to share.
People share videos with one another all the time and video directories make it easy to do so.
Your viewers can post your video to their Facebook – Google Plus – or Twitter account.
They can put their videos out to Reddit, Digg, StumbleUpon – and other social bookmarking sites.
They can put out videos to their blogs, to their friends (through an instant messenger like Skype), and to many other places.
This is why there are so many videos that go viral.
6. Video Gives You Flexibility!
Videos can be used for a number of purposes. Depending on your type of business, you can use different types of videos.
You can create educational videos that provide instruction or advice on any topic you wish. You create a “vlog” or video blog to engage your market. Videos are also effective branding tools for you and what you do in your niche. You can use videos for customer testimonials & building social proof. You can utilize video to introduce promotions for your business.
With all of these benefits of video marketing, and how easy it is to do it, every business and online marketer needs to take advantage of it.
There’s absolutely no reason not to, especially since by avoiding it, you will be missing out on huge benefits.
Start your video marketing today so that you can establish positive relationships with your viewers, boost your traffic, and get your message out there.